Monday 13 August 2012

Brittany journal - day 11


3/6 - Day 11 – miles cycled = 41, total so far 344

I had a terrible nights sleep, even worse than the previous night.  Noisy children playing until midnight followed by a party in a marquee 40 yards from my tent (hidden over the cliff top) – the music didn’t even kick in until midnight – I’m not sure what time it went on until, 3am at the earliest.

I woke at 8 and the morning was cloudy and chilly.  I had a breakfast of tea and croissants (there is a clear theme emerging here) and then packed up and hit the road by 9.30.  My plan today was to head for Dinan and the campsite La Hallerais (where I spent my first night).  I took a circuitous and scenic route to Dinan and managed 38 miles.  The dull weather improved as the day wore on and by lunchtime it was sunny with scattered fluffy cloud.







I arrived at Dinan early afternoon and had a good explore. Dinan is a beautiful old place, full of cobbled streets and medieval timbered buildings – a real treat for the eyes and well worth a visit.

















Afterwards I cycled the mile and a half along the river to the campsite, booked in and found a lovely flat pitch.  The site seemed really quiet after the last couple of days – perfect.










After setting up I cycled to the Port of Dinan on the river Rance for dinner (cheese omelette, salad, raspberry flan and beer) before cycling back for an early night.  I decided to stay for two nights and planned to take in a day ride tomorrow).

No comments:

Post a Comment