Friday 17 August 2012

Brittany journal - day 14 - the end


6/6 - Day 14 – miles cycled = 2, total so far 409

I woke at 6.45 to light drizzle, which only lasted for 15 minutes or so.  I had tea (nothing for breakfast) and packed up to join John and Dawn for the short ride to the ferry terminal and a 9.30 departure.

John and Dawn - on the ferry
I had croissants and coffee at the ferry terminal cafĂ© – croissants are a hard habit to break, before going through passport control.  Once through passport control I was sniffed by a drugs dog – I’m not quite sure what it made of me, I’m surprised it didn’t pass out, before joining a long queue of traffic.


 After a few minutes I realised that Id’ joined the queue of vehicles that were just arriving – I nearly re entered St Malo – I even managed to get lost on the last 500 yards of French soil.









The St Malo - Dinard ferry

I boarded the ferry, left my bike in the cargo hold and went up on deck to wave goodbye to France.  It had been a great couple of weeks.











The crossing home was super smooth and I arrived back in Portsmouth on time. The whole ferry experience added to the trip and I would thoroughly recommend Brittany Ferries.

No comments:

Post a Comment